Tuesday, March 17, 2009

'Tis So Good...In Memoriam

It is like a large bag filled with my favorite Saturday candy. So delicious. I know, I'm a slow reader, but it's not like I have a lot of time on my hands. However, since I got into this book, it's kept me well entertained and intrigued. The book? 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson.

I find it somewhat ironic that I'm reading the translated into English version of a Swedish book. I love reading books in original Swedish. But, in this case, I made an exception as I was so excited that a contemporary Swedish author is sufficiently appreciated to be sold as an international best seller and found in pretty much any American bookstore.

Anyhow, the novel sucked me in right away and I was hooked! The story spins off into two separate tales...one about the girl with the dragon tattoo, whose character I find fascinating and deeply alluring...and one about an investigative journalist hired to research an old mysterious disappearance and simultaneously write a biography about a famous financier family. Each tale is sufficiently intriguing on its own, but I was so curious to figure out how the two would eventually connect...

...And, the pieces just fell into place! It is so exciting. I think I will pause here and go for a run to savior the moment.

In Memoriam: Stieg Larsson, 1954-2004. Thank you for sharing your gift. Your writing is amazing.

No comments: